- Diplomate, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Board Certified in Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
A Santa Fe native, Dr. Joel Wilner attended St. Michael's High School in Santa Fe; he did his undergraduate studies at the University of Colorado, Boulder, where he received his degree in Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology. Dr. Wilner then attended medical school at the California College of Podiatric Medicine in San Francisco.
Following medical school, he completed his surgical residency at the Harris County Podiatric Residency Program in Houston, Texas. This program is regarded as one of the top surgical residency programs in the nation.
Dr. Wilner then continued his training by completing a sub-specialty fellowship at Hadassah Hospital/University Medical Center in Jerusalem, Israel, receiving additional training in trauma, surgery, orthopedics, arthroscopy, microsurgery, and advanced surgical reconstruction of both adult and pediatric deformities.
Dr. Wilner joined New Mexico Foot and Ankle Associates after his training. While in private practice, he has served as Chief of Department of Foot and Ankle Surgery at St. Vincent Regional Medical Center and is past president of the New Mexico Podiatric Medical Association. He has authored several, peer reviewed journal articles and has lectured at national surgical conferences.
Dr. Wilner is Board Certified in Foot and Ankle Surgery by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery. Special areas of interest include Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery, Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy, and Sports Medicine.
Additionally, Dr. Wilner devotes time to civic and charitable work designed to make their community a better place to live. In his leisure time, Dr. Wilner enjoys golf, tennis, backpacking, traveling, and hiking with his dogs.
To learn more about Dr. Joel Wilner, click here to view his curriculum vitae.
- University of Miami
- Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, DPM
- Past President, New Mexico Podiatric Medical Association
- Past Sec.-Treasurer, New Mexico Podiatric Medical Association
- Delegate, American Podiatric Medical Association
- Past President, Bernalillo County Podiatry Association
- Past Secretary, State Board of Podiatric Examiners
- Fellow, American Academy of Podiatric Administration
- Fellow, American Association of Hospital Podiatrists
Additionally, Dr. Ronald J. Wilner has served on Medical Advisory Board, authored articles on the field of podiatry, and lectured throughout the country.